Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The CHronicles of Riddick

Have you seen this thing? This gem of all cinematic gems?

Reasons you should compromise your intelligence by viewing:

1) Vin Diesel
2) "There'll be one speed--mine. If you can't keep up, don't step up. You'll just die."
3) "What was that? You don't care if you live or die? ... Well, maybe I do. KEEP MOVING!"
4) Vin Diesel
5) "Me? I'm just passing through."
6) "I'll kill you with my tea cup."
7) Vin Diesel
8) When Vin dumps a canteen of water on his head to protect himself from scorching flames.
9) The steam coming off his head after coming out of the flames.
10) Vin Diesel
*
To Jared, to every bad-movie-night we had, to every dose of this mind-altering narcotic, to all the brain cells I lost in the process, and to our sponsors Vin Diesel and Ice Cube (xXx), thank you.

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Think I'll skip this winner. I made Ben enjoy watching 27 Dresses with me last weekend. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.

thack said...

"If you can't keep up, don't step up." Instead, just give up. Don't persist. Don't keep pushing that handcart. Oh yeah. Pioneers.

thack said...

oh...and don't take this personally--even though I know you will, but your spelling of Chronicles is incorrect. i'm sure it was on purpose to symbolically and metaphorically comment on the movie somewhat subliminally, right?

amanda said...

hello, i was there watching with you and jared once...why wasn't i included? it was an awesome movie.

Anonymous said...

bless you laddie. (sniff) bless us all.
if you're able to tolerate it, watch the rundown.