Saturday, January 5, 2008

the right man-purse

Everything here is a little more femmy than I'm used to. Bright flashing neon signs, a fringe around every shop and dashboard, every color--a pastel mixed with white. Pink is no longer reserved just for girls and neither are purses. So Steve and I have decided to become Taiwanese and we need the perfect man-purse to prove it. We haven't had to look far in order to get an eye-full of options, but we're waiting for that special purse that just calls out to us--that screams, "Hey Steve! Joe! I'm it! I'm the new you in a bag. You won't have to wait for people to discover your personalities anymore. You can wear it right on your arm!"

This picture shows one shopping trip for "the purse," but not the last. There are a lot of purses to try on.

4 comments:

Sara said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ha ha ha! Okay...so trying not to laugh while reading your blog ends up with me making strange squeaking sounds while the roomies try to sleep. That "man satchel" is definitely you!

Laura said...

I'm enjoying your blog a LOT! Keep it up...along with all the great pictures!
Not too sure that purse was quite right for you....I think perhaps a little more pink....:)

Meagan said...

You know, I always thought there was something missing in your life - now I realize, it was a man-purse all along. Good luck with the shopping ;)

Emmy said...

Joe,
Love the blog, stories, news, pics, etc... but what I love the most is your haircut! There's the good looking wholesome young man I know as Joe Caslteton! :) With a hair like that you can pull off any purse.
I hope you can find something about first graders to enjoy...but I'm pretty sure if I were the teacher I'd peg your opinion as being dead on...